Re: How to use Google Gadgets with Tor? - Is this possible?

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 06:06:11 +0000
M <moeedsalam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 7:02 PM, Mike Perry <mikeperry@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > You could also install an addon to observe the requests your browser
> > uses in both non-Tor and Tor accesses of this gadget to see if the
> > requests appear different for some reason. That may help diagnose the
> > cause:
> > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/live-http-headers/
> > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tamper-data/

> On a side note, i had asked the group before about the google gadgets and
> whether if there is some security issue with using it wit TOR> I receive the
> response that it had not really been tested before. Should i understand its
> safe now?

If you are talking about the program called 'Google Gadgets', no, it
has not been audited, and it is unlikely to be safe to use over Tor.

This thread is about using Google gadgets embedded in a web page with
Firefox (and Torbutton).

Robert Ransom