Re: Is "gatereloaded" a Bad Exit?

Am 29.01.2011 21:44, schrieb Andrew Lewman:
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 19:46:20 +0100
> Jan Weiher <jan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> This node looks suspicious to me, because there is no contact info
>> given and the exit policy allows only unencrypted traffic:
>
> It hasn't shown up in any of the exit scans as suspicious.

What kind of scans do you perform? I thought these scans do only check
for content manipulation? I dont see how to recognize if the traffic is
recorded?

> Lack of
> contact info isn't a concern.

I think if you run one of the fastest nodes, it is at least very odd not
to have a contact info. If you are concerned about your privacy, just go
on and create a freemail account somewhere.

> The exit policy is odd, yes.  However,
> arguably those are also very popular ports as well.

Yeah, I'm not saying "this is evil!!!!", but want to bring it into
discussion, because I was unable to get any reasonable explanation for
this exitpolicy.

Of course these ports are popular, but 443 is popular as well? So for me
it looked like "pick all the popular _unencrypted_ ports".

best regards,
Jan