Re: Is "gatereloaded" a Bad Exit?

2011/1/31 Olaf Selke <olaf.selke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I disagree Morphium's position mainly for the same reasons Mike and Jake
> already pointed out. If the operators really care about their nodes
> they'll certainly contact Tor admins. Damaging Tor's reputation in the
> public due to exit sniffing imo is much more worse than loosing some
> bandwidth.

Sniffing is worse than loosing bandwidth, right. But sniffing still
occurs, we just don't know where. And we can't tell wether they did.
I think concluding "only 80: he is sniffing" is wrong (and even would
be "80 and 443: he is a good guy").
And if those nodes really are ran by "the bad guys", I don't think
it's a problem for them now to setup a new node on a new subnet that
allows their old ports + 443 and continue sniffing.

I can not see the Tor project won _anything_ with this decision.

morphium