[tor-talk] Google as default search engine revisited

I found a thread in the archive (November 2011), but I could not
find a satisfying answer to the questions

1. Why is Google the default search engine in the TOR browser bundle?

2. Does TOR get money from Google
  a) for using Google as the default search engine?
  b) in general?

If this is the wrong place to ask about it, please guide me to the
right one.

Background: Google gathers every bit of information possible. Google
reads your (unencrypted) email. Google actively works pro censorship
if it is required for business. Even if you might consider the use
of Google search "safe" with some precautions (I don't), you endorse
their actions as a company in general by promoting them as the
default search engine.

People using the TOR browser bundle trust the TOR project. If you
agree to Google as default, many people will too. There are search
engines out there that respect your privacy. Examples are DuckDuckGo
and ixquick, I suppose there are more. Please take a stand and
consider kicking Google out of the TOR browser bundle. Use default
search engines that respect privacy.

Thanks.