Re: [tor-talk] Google as default search engine revisited

----- Original Message -----
From: 5p4m@xxxxxx
Sent: 01/10/12 11:26 PM
To: tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tor-talk] Google as default search engine revisited

 I found a thread in the archive (November 2011), but I could not find a satisfying answer to the questions 1. Why is Google the default search engine in the TOR browser bundle? 2. Does TOR get money from Google a) for using Google as the default search engine? b) in general? If this is the wrong place to ask about it, please guide me to the right one. Background: Google gathers every bit of information possible. Google reads your (unencrypted) email. Google actively works pro censorship if it is required for business. Even if you might consider the use of Google search "safe" with some precautions (I don't), you endorse their actions as a company in general by promoting them as the default search engine. People using the TOR browser bundle trust the TOR project. If you agree to Google as default, many people will too. There are search engines out there that respect your privacy. Examples are DuckDuckGo and ixquick, I suppose there are more. Please take a stand and consider k
 icking Google out of the TOR browser bundle. Use default search engines that respect privacy. Thanks. _______________________________________________ tor-talk mailing list tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx https://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tor-talk

i AGREE.
 gOOGLE CAN nO LonGER stand for integrity (meaning CompLETELY trustWORTHy), as it may have once BEEn
 when it first began.