Re: [tor-talk] Google as default search engine revisited

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 20:50:01 +0200
Maxim Kammerer <mk@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 19:25, Andrew Lewman <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > Also, the majority of users want google as their default engine due
> > to the quality of search results.
>
> The majority of users of Tor Browser want privacy and anonymity â I
> think it makes better sense to focus on that, and not on preference
> statistics that are invented on the spot.

I didn't invent statistics. If you're going to call me a liar, at least
have the gonads to be direct. I used my own experience from working with
TBB users. They generally want to play the google captcha game for
search results, not get redirected to another search engine.

If you don't trust google, then great, you have the ability to change
the default search engine.

No matter which search engine we pick, some community will be unhappy
with it. Maybe we should just pick yacy, since it is uncensorable,
lacks centralized logging, and is peer to peer.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact