Re: [tor-talk] how to answer in tree (mailing list)?

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 11:36 AM,  <proper@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Am 2012-01-19 15:52, schrieb proper@xxxxxxxxxxx:
>>> How to correctly answer into an existing tree?
>>
>> By correctly setting the "In-Reply-To" and "References" headers of your
>> mail. "In-Reply-To" is to be set to the value of the "Message-ID" header
>> (the message ID) of the mail you want to reply to. "References" contains
>> a list of message IDs: the message ID of the mail you're replying to,
>> the message ID of the mail that previous mail is a reply to and so on.
>>
>> Unless you're using a completely broken mail client, your mail client
>> will do that for you automatically if you use the "Reply" or "Reply-all"
>> functionality.

I'm curious what your MUA is doing when you click reply and reply all
on this list. Does the broken threading happen on other mailing lists
or just this one?

This mailing list violates RFC 2822 and munges reply-to headers. I
wonder if this has anything to do with what you have been seeing.

--
Eitan Adler