Re: [tor-talk] Tor Gateway and Tor Workstation by ra [was: remove any all links from torproject.com to JanusVM]

It contains Tor 0.2.1.24 and that is the latest version of Tor in http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03/x86/packages/

 If someone were to update that repository, anyone could upgrade Tor in Ra's Tor gateway VM.

----- Original Message -----
From: proper@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 01/20/12 05:41 AM
To: tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tor-talk] Tor Gateway and Tor Workstation by ra [was: remove any all links from torproject.com to JanusVM]

  still download and use potentially dangerous old Tor versions. > It's an OpenWRT VM with virtual LAN > routed through Tor. > > It seems to borrow from the Torouter project > <https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/Torouter>. One of the > Torouter's prototypes uses OpenWRT > <https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/OpenWRT>. But Torouter > is a hardware device that provides WiFi access to Tor (and serves as a > bridge) whereas Ra's Tor gateway is a VM. Is that a crucial difference? I would say so. Of course it is always better if you do not use virtual machines but therefore extra real hardware. _______________________________________________ tor-talk mailing list tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx https://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tor-talk