Re: [tor-talk] Pirate Linux - First Release

It's not meant to be lightweight. It's meant to be a general purpose system
that one would install on a hard drive, with a balance between privacy and
usability, as well as various options for increasing or decreasing privacy
based on personal needs. I want to eventually target newcomers to Linux.

The 2.96 GB ISO contains:
1) The alternate Ubuntu installer with the standard Ubuntu (64bit) packages
(Alternate installer is needed for full disk encryption).
2) Piratepack (standard & binary) with all dependencies (required &
recommended) not in the default preinstalled Ubuntu packages (so that the
full installation can be made offline).
3) The Ubuntu squashfs live image (64bit) with the binary version of
piratepack plus all its dependencies (required & recommended).
4) Liberte Linux
5) Tails Linux

That's why the ISO is so large. But, this can easily fit on a DVD or 4GB
usb stick, so I don't see how it's a problem. And no I'm not using OpenBSD
for now, since I think Debian/Ubuntu is much more accessible for newcomers.

As for design document, I still didn't write any formal documentation, but
the source code is all out there, and the features list briefly explains
all the modifications done to Ubuntu.

I'm not sure what you mean by "download helper", but to download this ISO,
bittorrent is the current method I use.

Thanks for the input