Re: [tor-talk] Pluggable Transports metrics?

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 08:43:02PM -0800, David Fifield wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 08:11:08PM +0100, Sebastian G. <bastik.tor> wrote:
> > For Flashproxy could there be a metric how many flash proxies
> > (JavaScript Web socket proxies running on volunteer machines) have been
> > available at a given time? (Maybe a graph over time.)
> >
> > The last can be probably provided by the facilitator. Numbers don't have
> > to be accurate. (Is there a way to figure out how many Web socket
> > proxies are available and is this even desirable to disclose?)
>
> I don't have this data in an automated way, but I was able to construct
> a graph from the facilitator log. (The facilitator logs when a proxy
> connects to it, but not the IP address, so this might be counting some
> duplicates.)
>
> https://people.torproject.org/~dcf/graphs/flashproxy-count-2012-08-30--2012-12-18.png
>
> Over the last three months it looks like we usually have between 20 and
> 40 proxies.

Here's another graph showing a recent huge increase in proxy capacity,
probably a result of attention following CCC.

https://people.torproject.org/~dcf/graphs/flashproxy-count-2012-08-30--2013-01-04.png

It looks like there is something limiting the number of proxies to
around 150, perhaps an Apache configuration. I will check it out but
I've also increased the facilitator polling interval.

David Fifield