Re: [tor-talk] Project idea: TorBox

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013, Maxim Kammerer wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 12:41 AM, Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > See
> > https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/Torouter
> > http://freedomboxfoundation.org/
>
> As usual, one guy who knows what he is doing does something better and
> faster, without funding, than yet another endless âcollaborativeâ
> project:
> https://github.com/grugq/portal
> https://twitter.com/thegrugq/status/289617118159319040

eheheheh, there is a world of considerations to be done beyond your
point, which I consider very realistic and eye opening, but OT now :^)

thanks for the link to grugq

FYI the router approach is referred to as "Ghetto Box" in Italy
http://lists.autistici.org/message/20120209.120042.87c96b4f.en.html this
mail describes how to set one in italian gibberish many people have
refined the tecnique and are mounting it on whatever they find it
suitable (for which Slackware is reported to be better than Debian,
interestingly enough!)

at home I have it on a Dell P4 I've found in the trashbin (do we really
need more tchotchke hardware with a lasered logo on top? reuse!)

ciao

--
http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39