Re: [tor-talk] tor crashing: [err] circuit_build_times_get_xm(): Bug: circuitbuild.c:803: circuit_build_times_get_xm: Assertion bin_counts > 0 failed; aborting

Thus spake Quan (quan@xxxxxxxxxxx):

> I have around 250 hidden services  in torrc.
>
> I upgraded tor today and restarted process. Tor crashed twice with this
> message:
>
> [err] circuit_build_times_get_xm(): Bug: circuitbuild.c:803:
> circuit_build_times_get_xm: Assertion bin_counts > 0 failed; aborting
>

> Third time I run it it was to able to fully start it and now is
> everything stable. Any ideas what caused this?

Bleh. I'm guessing your circuit build times data is somehow
degenerate/corrupted. Perhaps you ran out of disk space and the state
file got truncated?

If you can reproduce the issue reliably, can you perhaps send us the
results of something like 'grep "Build" /var/lib/tor/state'? Private
email is fine.

Don't ever publish the entire state file though: it is dangerous to your
hidden services' anonymity.

--
Mike Perry