Re: [tor-talk] Tor client version statistics

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 8:37 PM, Karsten Loesing <karsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> No, there are no statistics on client versions.  The reason is that
> clients don't report their version anywhere, in contrast to relays and
> bridges which report their version in their server descriptors.

I'm not sure if you guys are just talking about clients version numbers, or
different client implementations?

Anyway, looking into a 2006 NSA document about Tor [1], one can read (page
8) that some client identifying information may be found in the issuer and
subject portions of X.509 certificates. Is this still the case today?
The NSA built its own implementation of a Tor client lib (named MJOLNIR),
which is claimed to play around with these fields as a way to conceal it's
generating Tor TCP traffic. Yet, in doing so, it seems to advertise to the
OR that it's not a standard Tor clientâ

Aloha.
___
ÉÇÄÊÄ×o