Re: [tor-talk] Integrity of platforms: Trusted Computing

On 01/22/2014 12:40 PM, Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) wrote:
> I'm wondering if, within anonymity community, the trusted computing
> technologies hasn't been evaluated properly for the values that it could
> be provide in terms of operating system and application integrity.

+1

Pond uses the TPM.

It is too hard to find instructions on how to use the TPM with
cryptsetup/luks. Or how to use it to feed /dev/random.

I guess "TPM == bad" was the result of the DRM discussions around it,
and then many people who should have didn't look into it again.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/