Re: [tor-talk] Terminology: Deep v Dark Web

Hi Katya,

I wish there were clear definitions for these terms, but there aren't,
and I guess there never will be. I encourage you to "dig deeper" on this
topic, and collect a nice set of opinions and links somewhere. It should
not turn into a discussion on whose definition is "right" though...

In a "reasonably popular" definition of the Dark Web, I would include
"underground" sites and forums, basically "anything where shady people
are", and exclude "public, non-illegal" hidden services. I agree that it
would be nice to have a term for all hidden services/eepsites/etc, but
Dark Web doesn't seem to be the right one.

"Deep Web" is a legit term, "Dark Web" is a media invention.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/