Re: [tor-talk] Terminology: Deep v Dark Web

@Katya

From my own perspective, a network can be considered "overlay" if some or all
of the nodes perform a relay and/or routing function via server-to-server or
peer-to-peer communications.

Obvious candidates include Tor, I2P and various VPN implementations, as well
as IRC.  Less obvious ones might include SMTP (servers), Jabber (servers),
VoIP (Skype and SIP servers yes, TeamSpeak/Ventrilo/Mumble no).

OpenNap used server-to-server communications to fan out searches to other
OpenNap servers. Not sure if BitTorrent can be considered a network in the
truest sense.

Just my 2 cents. :)
--
Parity Boy