Re: [tor-talk] NoScript for TOR disabled by default

On 1/30/2014 9:22 AM, Sukhoi wrote:
In fact, I am worried with the Wireless Position System developed by
google and others, and the introduction in the browsers, like firefox, a
way to track which wireless networks the computer can "see" in a given
moment. Based on that they identify the user physical (because google
street view mapped the wireless network physical location), fingerprint
the computer and, possibly, track other key information.

Seems that this critical issue is not currently handled by TOR.

OK - why would Mozilla want to track the location of users? Or think that (eventually) users would not say "No" to physically being tracked? Who *wouldn't* want to be physically tracked? Like certain mobile providers were geographically tracking some users. That way, if you get lost, just call your mobile provider's CS & say, "Where am I?"

Or, is it Google saying to Mozilla, "If you want the $ we pay you (for making Google the default search engine), then we need to be able to physically track Fx users. So, make it happen."

Or, maybe it's a 3 letter agency telling Mozilla & Google to add ability in their browsers / searches, to physically track users?