[tor-talk] force apt-get & yum updates through tor?

I'm wondering what the best way to force yum and apt-get through tor
is, in fedora 21 and debian 7.7 respectivly. Are any of the following
least likely to produce dns or other leaks, or considered safest?

In fedora, I see several options for forcing yum through tor:

OPTION 1: (appears to work)
sudo nano /etc/yum.conf
ADD THIS: proxy=socks5://127.0.0.1:9050
Use yum normally...is this likely to leak anything, dns perhaps?

OPTION 2: (safest?)
sudo torsocks yum ...
This seems to work, though produces lots of this error at the command
line: WARNING torsocks[12367]: [syscall] Unsupported syscall number 191.
Denying the call (in tsocks_syscall() at syscall.c:165). Is this a
concern or just noise?

OPTION 3: setup privoxy with tor, direct yum through privoxy

OPTION 4: specify tor-ip:port as socks_proxy enviornment variable

OPTION 5:
proxy3 recommended here, though I don't see why this isn't just less
clean:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorifyHOWTO/Misc

For debian 7.7, the only one that seems to actually force apt-get
through tor is torsocks

OPTION 1:
sudo nano /etc/apt/apt.conf
ADD THIS: Acquire::socks::proxy "socks5://127.0.0.1:9150";
When using apt-get as normal, debian ignores this and skips tor

OPTION 2:
sudo socks_proxy=socks5://127.0.0.1:9150 apt-get update
Debian ignores this too.

OPTION 3: (the only one that works)
sudo torsocks agt-get ...
Appears to work and produces no errors as it does in fedora 21

OPTION 4: (untested)
privoxy-tor-apt-get

Thanks!

Alternatively, does anyone know a clean way to force all traffic
through tor?