Re: [tor-talk] Torbirdy

Vignesh Prabhu:
> Hi,
>

> Cypher:
>> A few months ago, I seem to remember the general advice being not to
>> use Torbirdy. But I see the software was updated only a few months ago
>> so I assume it's in active development. Can I assume Torbirdy is safe
>> to use?
> From what I understand there are two main issues still pending which
> might lead to compromise of user's identity and unless that is fixed, it
> is not completely safe to use Torbirdy.
>
> The issues are:

Thank you for the prompt response Vignesh. I remember reading about this
issue a few months back and it's good to see that there's a fix in the
works. Honestly, since I don't require 'rock solid' security (my life
isn't in danger if my identity leaks and I use PGP on my important
emails anyway), I'm not that concerned about it. Also, since the only
data leaked seems to be the local datetime, I'd think it's not a massive
concern since my local datetime is shared with a few million other people.

Thanks again!
Cypher