Re: [tor-talk] Tor -> VPN Clarification

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 9:25 PM, Mirimir <mirimir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 01/30/2015 06:19 PM, Seth wrote:
>> If I remember correctly it has to do with the ability to correlate VPN
>> traffic on the last 'leg' of the connection from you to your VPN
>> provider vs traffic on the last leg of journey from Tor exit to your
>> desired destination.
>
> How is that any worse than adversaries correlating traffic between your
> ISP and entry guards with traffic between exit nodes and destinations?
>
> Tor is by definition vulnerable to such adversaries.
>
> I've been thinking about testing such matters.
> What's the best open-source software for traffic correlation?
>
> actually usable without coding from basic principles.

Ask the NSA.
They're about the only ones with need for such tools.
You might make some basic proof of example with netflow
tools whether as in unix kernel and/or third party, plus the free splunk.
Watch your own service plus you and ten of your friends accessing it
simultaneously. Give a presentation at a con, maybe they'll recruit you :)