Re: [tor-talk] High CPU-usage every hour

On 1/31/2015 at 11:13 AM, "aka" wrote:Hi,
I am using multiple Tor instances on the same machine and my CPU-usage
goes goes way up for a few seconds in exact one hour intervals. Is
this
regular behavior (generating new RSA keys?) or is it an anomaly of an
ongoing attack?

Every hour a new consensus is available to be parsed by your Tor
client. Though parsing the data usually takes longer than a few
seconds per Tor process. In the absence of further information about
your use I would suggest this is the reason for the load you're
describing. Sounds normal for a really fast cpu if each Tor process
has it's own cpu affinity.

-- leeroy