Re: [tor-talk] corridor, a Tor traffic whitelisting gateway

Gavin Wahl:
>> I think the topic Bridge Firewall is also related here:
>>
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorifyHOWTO/BridgeFirewall
>

>> (The topic didn't move there yet, but it's all very similar ideas
>> we're discussing here.)
>
> Isn't corridor exactly what that article is describing?

Corridor also supports connecting to normal Tor relays (not bridges) only.

https://github.com/rustybird/corridor/#pitfalls

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2014-February/032163.html

> Whonix includes this in its threat model -- you should be able to
> run arbitrary/compromised code behind the tor gateway and be safe.

Yes.

> Can corridor do anything about it?

I don't think so, but happy to be proven wrong.

You might be interested in this comparison, that includes corridor:
https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Comparison_with_Others

Full disclosure:
I am a maintainer of Whonix.

Cheers,