Re: [tor-talk] Tor -> VPN Clarification

On 01/31/2015 10:03 AM, Seth wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 18:25:38 -0800, Mirimir <mirimir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> How is that any worse than adversaries correlating traffic between your
>> ISP and entry guards with traffic between exit nodes and destinations?
>
> He addresses VPNs and Tor about 45 min into the talk:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XaYdCdwiWU

I don't do audio at this level, and don't read lips, so video helps not.

What does he say?

> Refer to slides 76 and 77 here too:
> http://www.slideshare.net/grugq/opsec-for-hackers

That example seems to be about connecting directly through the VPN,
either accidentally forgetting to use Tor, or leaking through
misconfiguration. And then going on to acknowledge that it's Perfect
Privacy. There's maybe even something about acknowledging a leak of the
actual ISP-assigned IP address.

But anyway, that's all stupidity. There's nothing about vulnerability of
the "VPN -> Tor" approach. Poor implementation is the fail.

> http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/64583/vpn-tor-go-to-jail-whats-the-logic-behind-this

I don't see anything here re "VPN -> Tor" meaning "go to jail".

What am I missing here?