[tor-talk] Onion service discovery

I've been thinking about how to get onion services transparently selected
over non-onion services in order to drive adoption. It seems to me that a
simple strawman proposal would be that before attempting to connect to a
domain name, do a lookup for a specific type of TXT record, ensure it's
being served over DNSSEC, and if both things are true, prefer that record.

However, I can't seem to find much documentation on preferred mechanisms
for discovering onion services. Is there something similar to the scheme I
mention above already in use that someone could point me to?

*j*