[tor-talk] Article downtalking Tor for commercial purposes

Hello everyone,

I have found a recent article that attempts to unfairly depict Tor in a bad
light without mentioning many of the positives. I find it interesting that,
when mentioning alternatives for Tor, the only link provided is to a
"review" (what appears to be sponsored content) published on a website that
the author works/writes for that is stamped with "sign up now"
advertisements. This seems like a move to misinform the general public in
order to gain money from them, but I cannot comment to ask about this
because facebook is needed to comment. In addition, the author doesn't
provide any way to contact her without using mainstream social media.

Is there any way we can clarify this to readers? Is there anything we can
do about this?

http://www.digitalmediaghost.com/blog/6-reasons-why-tor-isnt-the-magic-browser-you-think-it-is

Thanks,

Kevin Gallagher
Graduate Student, Department of Computer Science
New York University Tandon School of Engineering
2 MetroTech Center, 10th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Email: kevin.gallagher@xxxxxxx
Key Fingerprint: D02B 25CB 0F7D E276 06C3  BF08 53E4 C50F 8247 4861