[tor-talk] Tor relay and IPv6

> Linus Nordberg linus at nordberg.se
> Thu Jan 28 09:02:56 UTC 2016
> > Stephan Seitz <stse+tor at fsing.rootsland.net> wrote
> > Wed, 27 Jan 2016 22:34:57 +0100:
>
> > ânetstat -tanp6 | grep 9001â shows the open port but only one
> > connection (IPv4 has much more). The program arm is only showing IPv4
> > connections.
>
> Not many clients connect over IPv6 yet. Relays never do, yet.
> I don't know if 'arm' knows about IPv6.

We're working on better IPv6 client support in 0.2.8.

> > The port 9030 is only bound to the IPv4 address but I think that is as
> > it should be (configuration line is âDirPort 9030â).
>
> There's no support for DirPort's on IPv6.

In 0.2.8, clients assume that the IPv6 DirPort is the same as the IPv4 DirPort.
This isn't ideal, but it does seem to work well in testing.

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
PGP 968F094B

teor at blah dot im
OTR CAD08081 9755866D 89E2A06F E3558B7F B5A9D14F