Re: [tor-talk] Not able to download Tor to droid

> Date: Saturday, January 30, 2016 20:50:22 +0100
> From: libertyinperil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Have used Tor for years with no problems on Windows.  Tried to
> download Tor to a new RCA droid tablet and kept getting message
> "This is not Tor." This was done before shutting off all apps
> designed by Google to line its pockets.  With everything turned
> off that could be turned off, it no longer downloads at all.
> Received an error message from Firefox when all apps were
> installed that there is indeed a bug problem with downloads of
> over 1Mb long.  Can you help?  Kindly remember I am not a software
> engineer, only a user.  Don't have the expertise your techs and
> engineers have.  Appreciate whatever help you can give.  Thanks.

You need to provide more specifics for anyone to be able to give you
much help.

What "Tor" are you trying to download, from where? Provide the
URL(s). [If you are doing this from the app store with the "google
play" app installer, go to <https://play.google.com/store/apps> with
a browser, locate what you're after, and provide the URL(s) for the
app(s) that way.]

I am not aware of any issues with downloading large files with
firefox for android. If you are trying to do this over cell data
your mobile carrier may be imposing restrictions, but that's a
separate issue.