Re: [tor-talk] [GetTor] Simple way of getting Tor countering TorProject.org and its mirrors censorship using the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine

Hi,

> https://web.archive.org/save/https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en
>
> Then clicking on "Download" button should load the download process and FF says that the download's URL comes from archive.org, in other words one should block archive.org for this method to not work.

Interesting. Actually, you can go directly to [1] and you'll get Tor Browser from archive.org. GetTor API already generates URLs to download
the latest version from tpo, so we could easily generate something like [1] and send it via GetTor as well. We also trust other providers like
Google and Dropbox, so I don't see why we couldn't trust archive.org.

[1] https://web.archive.org/web/20170102120621/https://dist.torproject.org/torbrowser/6.0.8/tor-browser-linux64-6.0.8_en-US.tar.xz