Re: [tor-talk] TBB 6.5 screen resize not working

Joe Btfsplk:
> With default settings, TBB 6.5 (Win) doesn't round screen sizes at all.
> Browserspy.dk shows 993 x 695.  I see the pref
> "extensions.torbutton.resize_windows" is still set false by default.
> Toggling it to true gives different reported screen size, but not
> increments of 100 or 200.
>
> The pref "extensions.torbutton.resize_new_windows" = true (default), but
> I don't find toggling both these prefs in any combo correctly rounds
> screen size.
>
> In TBB 6.08, when I tested setting "extensions.torbutton.resize_windows"
> = true, it consistently rounded screens to 1000 x 800 on this monitor.
> With that pref at default False in v6.08, reported screen height was odd
> size - like 72x (x not 0).  But the width was *still 1000.*
>
> In v6.5, neither width or height is rounded correctly, regardless of the
> pref value.  What happened?  I thought 6.5 was supposed to fix screen
> size rounding?

We fixed a bunch of issues with screen size rounding by moving our
Torbutton hack into a direct Firefox patch. If you look at our bug
tracker
(https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=merge_ready&status=needs_information&status=needs_review&status=needs_revision&status=new&status=reopened&keywords=~tbb-fingerprinting-resolution&order=priority)
you'll see that there are still issues open regarding our resizing
efforts, though. E.g. #14098 where you commented recently. If you think
your issue is not covered yet, please file a new bug with steps how to
reproduce it.

Georg