Re: tor and Daemantools-0.76

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 11:48:11AM -0700, tor wrote:
>    as the current tor Alphas are somewhat unstable under OpenBSD AND I
> DONT have the time to track down the instability I have elected to put
> tor under DJ Bernsteins Daemontools to restart as needed.

Do you get cores? Do you get assert failures? Please spend a few moments
to provide a bug report if you have any hints.

Also, please please please put a sleep(100) in your script somewhere.
We had a bug a while ago where people would start their Tor, it would
suck down a directory, kill itself, restart, suck down another directory,
repeat. This was not good for our volunteer's bandwidth. :)

> ---cut here ---
> #!/bin/sh
> exec 2>&1
> exec envuidgid tor  envdir ./env softlimit -d3500000 /usr/bin/su tor -c
> /usr/local/bin/tor
> ---cut here---
>
> the -d3500000 should probably be tuned for your usage

Is your instability based on the fact that a 3.5MB data segment is
incredibly too small to run a Tor server? You want another one or two
orders of magnitude more than this.

Thanks,
--Roger