[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: forums.gentoo.org = blocked for Tor users
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: forums.gentoo.org = blocked for Tor users
- From: S K <sk4list@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 04:58:30 -0700 (PDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 07:58:44 -0400
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=AgBdgs4pIRiAJdw9aOa2Rh1rIukyVlu1UskkPFo1GwGV9c1ScK1nNHcbDLA2Pa71h0uqKTCrCX0qKDAeoA7l3yJAoSUAAVbpOk/lV268nZzovtR4ntCVnkAYsNpJGmvEmoqVHrvyEZROh2vSR0/R5NcIkJ+uwvXxfN/GU+uG/o0= ;
- In-reply-to: <002601c595c0$0e1a9610$6401a8c0@LaptopS001>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
They seem to be blocking all connections from Tor ORs,
as identified by their IP addresses. I don't think
they actually go through the trouble of seeing which
ORs have exit policy that allows port 80 use. So a
middle-man node's IP address would also most probably
be in the block list.
--- Mike Sever <mike.sever@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How does a site know you are a TOR user? Are they
> blocking specific exit
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Martin Balvers" <m.balvers@xxxxxxxxxx>
> To: <or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2005 12:48 PM
> Subject: forums.gentoo.org = blocked for Tor users
> > And here is another site that has blocked access
> from the Tor network...
> > There are some remarks about it in this thread
> > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-365013.html
> > You will have to stop using Tor to be able to read
> it though...
> > Martin
> > --
> > No virus found in this incoming message.
> > Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
> > Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.9.7/60 -
> Release Date: 7/28/2005
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around