Re: setting up port forwarding for tor server

So I would need to open 9001/9030 for both inbound and outbound to the server?

phobos@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 01:43:53PM -0700, nabioullinr@xxxxxxxxx wrote 1.2K bytes in 20 lines about:
: I am going to run a tor server (middle position-not exit) and I need to know which ports exactly I need to open for inbound\outbound on the router.
:

http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ#ServerForFirewalledClients

By default, orport is 9001 and dirport is 9030. You can advertise
orport on 443 and dirport on 80 if you'd like. The default settings of
9001/9030 mean you'll need to open up tcp/9001 and tcp/9030 through your
firewall/nat and point it at your tor middleman node.

--
Andrew