Re: Tor & dynamic dns

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 06:23:09PM +0200, Marco A. Calamari wrote:
> I have online several nodes that use xDSL lines with
>  dynamic IP and fixed names using dynamic dns.
>
> When the associates modem/router change address after a disconnection
>  (common situation on italian xDSL lines, that disconnects daily
>  or more often) the host  update his name without stopping tor.

I made some substantial reachability fixes in the upcoming 0.1.1.22
stable release. Many packages and such are available for it already on
the Tor download page (I'll be officially announcing it in a day or two
once they're all there). So give that a try and let me know how it does.

> Must I restart Tor each time the IP change ? Or do something
>  else ?

No, restarting Tor each time should not be needed. Please put your energy
into helping me fix bugs rather than just working around them. :)

Thanks,
--Roger