[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: End of ROCKate soon
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: End of ROCKate soon
- From: Arrakis <arrakistor@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 12:01:06 -0500
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 13:03:17 -0400
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=WgLHmtrHk1BtOkeJWuEANzXlkfwCUASuMkazSD3XbncjIE4GbJsAyhIF02MYfV9WviZkd3NI4FbgaJ8Uoa8yQ9ZjNHss4yMucftoYpvgv2pQeNXHkSSeABi4EdbdpPX4tSmGs6lZLgtadV+DfNHi8UeLhOKT+kLA3i10WKAnL6U=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=WLGOjWMwn+YcDln9M3IXUhHKxLSsLP9274kuVJgxI09OJcZbs7+Yx4YvK0cr23n9zcFQ+UJs3jLaFtYi35xmPLhGxTYpTDLGEm6W8xQNu+iEioHttgqSjNGTjojKafkYDKUgI511XpvWfF1WL3Mkft5M1sltg7YNY0+o5b+YH+Q=
- In-reply-to: <20070706165008.GD20309@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <20070706165008.GD20309@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (Windows/20070604)
Sorry to hear you won't be keeping up on the ROCKate and
have been forced to succumb to Germany's turn. I expect
more such tor-related shutdowns among fear and legislation.
I'll be picking up the slack shortly, so no worries.
A development release of xB Machine will be available
August 3rd. It will likely be hosted from Germany, but
I think we will stand the heat. If Germany doesn't like
it we will host it elsewhere. If you want, we could probably
host it for you, but I don't know how much you want
it still available, if Germany will punish you for it.
Benjamin Schieder wrote:
> Hi people.
> In response to a law that passed the german legislative today, I will cease
> production, development and distribution of ROCKate binaries and - maybe -
> even source code soon.
> The reasen is §202c StGB which states (IANAL translation):
> "Producing, acquiring, selling, giving, distributing or making-accessible of
> passwords or other access codes as well as computer programs whose aim it is
> to commi a crime ... will be punished with up to one year in jail or a fine."
> See also: http://www.phenoelit.de/202/202.html
> Basically, these waters are too hot for me to tread in. Though the official
> reading of the wall - reading from politicians that is - says that they only
> target 'criminals' and there is no need to worry with the wording, nobody
> knows when some underworked lawyer thinks he might go on to sue the ass off
> of everyone in IT.
> If someone wants to mirror/host/develop ROCKate further, be my guest. If you
> need technical assistance, I can offer guidance, but I probably won't write
> a single line of code anymore. Sorry.