Re: New Torbutton (1.1.4-alpha)

Thus spake Ryan Wagner (starshadow10101@xxxxxxxxx):

> I'm very pleased with the new Torbutton version so far. The only thing
> that's bothering me is automatically disabling 'Remember passwords for
> sites' when tor is toggled on. I'd prefer a way to disable this feature.
> Even if logging into sites over tor can be dangerous for anonymity and
> the security of the account itself, it's still nice to prevent one's ISP
> from retaining a record of goings on. It's possible to manually
> re-enable remembering passwords after tor has been toggled on, so it's a
> minor inconvenience, really.

This is tied in with the history writing setting. The idea was that if
you are OK with tor writing out these things, then you are ok with it
saving your history and vice-versa.

However, this idea may be slightly flawed since you could be concerned
about history disclosure attacks from regular websites you visit.. So
maybe it should be a seperate option..

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist