Re: [OT] message formats (was: browser footprint)

Scott Bennett:
 It is indeed a UNIX standard, so live with it.

And MIME is an IETF standard, so live with it. A very adopted one, btw.

People using webmailers like gmail.com don't even have a choice how their mail gets assembled. But you have a choice to switch your mailer to a current one. I suggest you to try out "mutt". I don't use it, as I prefer graphical user interfaces, but purists like you have fun with it and it is up-to-date software. (Man, incredible, I had these discussions already 10 years ago.)