Directory Authority outside of the US and EU

I'm researching where to host one or two Directory Authorities outside
the US and EU.

It's been suggested to me that Argentina, South Africa, Panama,
Singapore, Malaysia, and Japan are fine locales for a well-connected,
dedicated server.  I'm looking for a relatively low end dedicated server
that can transit 2-4 TB a month at relatively cheap prices (say
US$200/mo or less).

If you have experience and contacts at various providers, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

--
Andrew Lewman
The Tor Project