Re: problem with connecting to a hidden service

     On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 01:06:26 -0400 Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
>On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 01:28:02PM -0700, Kyle Williams wrote:
>> This is the nature of a over saturated network.
>
>Actually, I don't think the Tor network is as oversatured as we think.
>I think it's just massively unbalanced.
>
>See sections 2 and 4 of
>https://blog.torproject.org/blog/why-tor-is-slow

     I guess it's time for me to sit still long enough to write up some of
the causes for the network load being unbalanced that I believe have been
largely or entirely overlooked, though I still want to read a few more of
the tor documents carefully first.  I will try to get to this in the next
few days.  Sigh. :-}  IIRC, when I was thinking about those sources of
trouble some months back, I came up with four of them, but alas, I didn't
write anything down.  (Yeah, I know:  what a dope!)  So I'll need to make
sure I've got them all in view again and, with a bit of luck, also all of
the reasons that I thought of for why/how they cause trouble and some ideas
for fixing them.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG