Re: VoIP telephony building like Tor

On Friday 24 July 2009 10:21:52 am James Brown wrote:
> Gitano wrote:
> > James Brown wrote:
> >> There is a very strong control over telephony in many countries. Many
> >> counties intend to make this control more and more stronger.
> >> In the Russia, when I live, for example the Putin's and Medvedev's
> >> bloody dictatorial regim now intend to ban VoIP telephony:
> >> http://www.point.ru/news/stories/20598/
> >> Besides, there is no effective open source system of VoIP telepony which
> >> let people freely talk and connect by chat and sending-receiving files
> >> between each other without any control from Governments, companies etc.,
> >> maintaining anonimity and encryption of communication at the same time.
> >
> > For chat and files exchange there exists a nice small program 'TorChat'.
> >
> > --> http://code.google.com/p/torchat/
>
> And what about phone calls, including call to ordinaty telephones?

You might want to take a look at zfone and zrtp.  zfone is a free software
phone that originates zrtp, an encryption scheme about to be implemented into
a number of other free softphones (ekiga, for instance).

http://www.zfoneproject.org/prod_zfone.html

If you and your recipient have zfone (or a zrtp-enabled softphone) then it
will automatically establish an encrypted, secure connection.  You don't get
anonymity but you do get privacy.

praedor

--
"If we have Senators and Congressmen there that can't protect themselves
against the evil temptations of lobbyists, we don't need to change our