HSDir relays over 10% of total at last!

     I think it was over a year ago that I noted that the counts of HSDir
relays was dangerously close to the minimum of six for the new hidden service
protocol to work properly.  At the time, I posted instructions, which have
been obviated for many months now in the "unstable" branch of tor, on what
to add to torrc to get one's relay to begin operating as a HSDir server.
I also suggested that an initial target of the fraction of the total relay
population to have providing HSDir service for both reliability and
performance might be 10%.
     This morning, for the first time since I posted that message, I have
now seen the HSDir relay count exceed 10% of the total.  The page at
torstatus.kgprog.com this morning says in its summary box near the bottom,

	Total Number of Routers:		1711	100%
	Routers in Current Query Result Set:	187	10.93%
	.
	.
	.
	Total Number of HSDir Routers:		187	10.93%

To me this is very good news!  And it should only continue to get better
as more and more people migrate from 0.1.x.x and 0.2.0.x to 0.2.1.6-alpha
and later versions of tor.  (Please do NOT take that as a recommendation
to switch to anything but a current version.  I list 0.2.1.6-alpha because
that version, IIRC, was the first version to default to running as a HSDir
relay when run in relay mode.)

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG