Re: Two different hidden service on the same tor client

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 07:52:30PM +0200, Gitano wrote:
> leandro noferini wrote:
>
> > Now comes  the question: is possibile  to run the two  hidden service on
> > port 80 together? If I change the above lines in
> >
> > HiddenServiceDir /var/lib/tor/server-1/
> > HiddenServicePort 80 127.0.0.1:8183
> >
> > HiddenServiceDir /var/lib/tor/server-2/
> > HiddenServicePort 80 127.0.0.1:8184
> >                   ^^
> >
> > I could not reach the second service.
> >
> > Is this correct?
>
> Yes, the portnumber must be unique for the service.

No, it ought to work fine. The 80 is the "virtual" port, and it only
has to be unique per hidden service.

So running both hidden services redirecting from 80 to someplace else
should work fine.

Hidden services aren't exactly robust these days though, so the fact
that you couldn't reach the second service is not a huge surprise.

"Upgrade to 0.2.1.19 and try again" is the best advice I can offer.

Good luck,
--Roger