Re: Tor 0.2.2.14-alpha is out

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 12:12:48AM +0800, moses.mason@xxxxxxxxx wrote 1.0K bytes in 27 lines about:
: Could you guys add a CAPTCHA test for the bridges page
: https://bridges.torproject.org/ ? It is almost certain that bridges
: are crawled, analyzed and blocked by bots now.

This is on the short-term todo list.  However, it's been told to us that
humans are crawling the bridges, not bots.  In particular, China is
crawling the https and smtp pools by human interaction, not bots.

Stopping the bots is a fine idea as well.  I believe captchas are easy
to break by automated analysis already, but we'll find out when we roll
out a captcha on bridges.torproject.org.

--
Andrew Lewman
The Tor Project

Website: https://www.torproject.org/