Re: [tor-talk] Downloading Firefox add-ons trough Tor. Safe?

----- Original Message -----

From: hikki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: 07/10/11 08:55 PM

To: tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: [tor-talk] Downloading Firefox add-ons trough Tor. Safe?

I'm having a laptop that is Tor only, so it never connects to the internet without going trough Tor.

Someone wrote that malicious Tor exit nodes may modify your downloads. So when I need to install the recommended plug-ins for Firefox, like TorButton and NoScript, and I do that trough the Tor network, is that safe?

Thanks for help! :)

Sorry I can't answer your question but I have one for you if you don't mind.
When you say your laptop never connects to the internet without going through Tor, does this mean
that your very first connection each and every time is through Tor?
Would this mean that Tor starts up when you boot up or when you open FF, Tor opens with it or first?

Thanks