Re: [tor-talk] HTTPS to hidden service unecessary?

>> >T or HS provide end-to-end encryption, however imho SSL it still maybe
>> > useful if:
>> >
>> > - You use a Tor Gateway (for example in a Lan or WiFi) to reach the
>> > .onion darknet space and you don't want to trust your Tor Gateway
> or
>> > your Lan
>>
>> good point. but don't most regular users install Tor on their PC so
> it's
>> local, no gateway?
>>

> It still needs work, but they do exist.
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/Torouter
>
> In general it's just better practice and safer to provide end-to-end
> encryption. There are very few reasons not to use TLS.

OK, you're right.  I think in 99% of cases it will be redundant, but you're right I guess.

Problem is now have to understand how easy to serve a special cert for the .onion domain for HTTPS over hidden service (already serve cert on public IP address for the apache virtual domain).  Any howto's out there on HTTPS for .onion?