Re: [tor-talk] Hiding stuff

Praedor Atrebates:
> On 07/13/2012 06:22 PM, antispam06@xxxxxxx wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012, at 22:14, proper wrote:
>>> My non-offical project supports [1] that. Java and Flash do not leak IP
>>> or DNS.
>> Even without leaking IP, they have far too much power for a far too
>> small benefit. The ability to write or read the disk beyond the powers
>> of the browser. Leaking font lists. With the HTML5 ability to play
>> certain multimedia files they remain useful to time waste. Sure, a lot
>> of companies abused applets so there are enough people who need that in
>> order to do some work.
>>
>>> [1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorBOX
>> How does this project relate with Tails for example? How does VirtualBox
>> relate with other emulators?
>>

> Hmmm.  I hadn't seen/read TorBox before.  Looks to be fairly
> complicated.

Actually the project does not market itself very well. Instant of having
a small front page we have too much technical and security related
information there. Developers are not the best documentation writers. If
you wrote it, some things are totally clear for you and you mess up
explaining them.

That will change with the next release. It will be as simple as
installing Virtual Box, downloading the two VMs, importing the VMs,
starting the two VMs, done. Perhaps I make a screenshot tutorial.

But what will never change is, the more anonymity/privacy/security you
want, the more technical knowledge you'll need. We'll continue to
provide loads of additional information to make it even more safe.

A simplified option, lacking many security features is TransparentProxy
Anonymizing Middlebox. [1]

[1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TransparentProxy

> Two VMs running simultaneously in Virtualbox?

Our standard setup.