Re: [tor-talk] Transparent re-writing packet destinations to hidden service?

>>  You could use nginx to proxy to the hidden service I guess

>>  What application do you plan to use as client?
>
> thanks for suggestion but its not http. i think http is only protocol with good
> tools to do this. i know socat could act as reverse proxy into tor SOCKS
> interface but its not efficient so i thought better solution maeybe find a way
> to rewrite packet destinations and use tor TransPort
>
> i guess not?

correct me if i'm wrong:: traffic packets have destination IP address in them. i can reroute the IP address but nuthing else because at this layer i don't know a thing else about the packets. so its impossible to re-route to hidden service because .onion address does not resolve with DNS to a IP address right?

what DOES hidden service .onion address resolve to? just internal inside tor it flips a switch to use special tor logic? nothing that can be meaningful to put as the rewrite destination in a iptables DNAT command?

is my understand correct?