Re: [tor-talk] Theft of Tor relay private keys?

On Tue, 02 Jul 2013 12:33:10 +0000, Mike Perry wrote:
> But I got distracted by more pressing issues before I could finish the
> scripts.. Also, many of those encrypted+authenticated Tor container
> things probably don't make much sense without Secure Boot to
> authenticate the boot process up until you can start up Tor. :/

What's the difference between subverting that and
the NSA starting their own tor nodes in the first place?

> First, it takes the bandwidth measurement servers a couple days to ramp
> up your capacity of your new identity key, so you will spend a lot of
> time below your max throughput.

That specific part could be helped by having two tor instances on
the same machine, with an interleaved re-keying schedule.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>