Re: [tor-talk] Vidalia error message with TorBirdy

On 07/03/13 12:09, anonymous coward wrote:
> How does SSL work with Imap in general? When I first connect to the imap
> server it transmitts its certificate, right? Is the certificate then
> stored in Thunderbird or will the certificate transmitted again each
> time you connect to imap server? I think, if the cert gets saved in the
> mail client, it is _some_ protection against the man in the middle...!?

In SSL, if the client sends a session ID to resume a session, and the
server accepts it, no certificate is sent. If the server rejects it, or
the client wants a new session, the certificate is sent. This behavior
does not depend on Thunderbird saving the certificate.

Thanks.

thetuber