Re: [tor-talk] Will Tor affect Internet Explorer? (newbie question)

On 07/11/2013 11:24 PM, Gabrielle DiFonzo wrote:
Hi there,

Hi
I am currently running Windows 7 and my usual browser is Internet Explorer. If I download Tor, will I still be able to use Internet Explorer when I want to?
You can configure Tor to with any browser. However, by doing this you are compromising anonymity.
  Will continuing to use IE compromise my Tor privacy?
Yes. The best solution is to download Torbrowser from the Torproject website, or Tails at https://tails.boum.org. Not only do either of these solutions work out of the box (in most cases), they also preserve anonymity.
Will Tor affect my other programs in any way?
Not unless you configure them to use Tor.
  I am very new to this and mainly a low-tech person. Please tell me everything in very simple terms. What else should I know before I download Tor?
Please read this thoroughly: https://www.torproject.org/download/download#warning

------
Best Regards,
cl34r