Re: [tor-talk] Tor 0.2.4.15-rc is out -- please test!

On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 02:05:14PM -0400, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> Tor 0.2.4.15-rc is the first release candidate for the Tor 0.2.4.x
> series. It fixes a few smaller bugs, but generally appears stable.
> Please test it and let us know whether it is!
>
> https://www.torproject.org/dist/
>
> (Next step is clearly to get more user-usable bundles available with
> this version, so actual users can actually test it. Coming soon I hope.)

These packages are now up at
https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en#Download-torbrowserbundlealpha

Please grab them and test them! If all goes well, we'll be calling the
Tor 0.2.4 branch stable very soon. So now is the perfect time to let us
know that it broke for you.

(To be clear, it is the Tor part of the Tor Browser Bundle that needs
testing. We know there are a growing pile of bugs in Vidalia, as well
as a set of issues in Torbutton. Both of these should improve with the
TBB 3.0 release. But that is a separate thread.)

Thanks!
--Roger